Saturday 21 November 2020

1880s Working Class Corset First mock up

I did the first mockup... it looks terrible. But that is the point of a mock up and I learned a lot of valuable lessons so the second should work much better. Photos:



As you can see the first issue is that I didn't finish the boning channels so it isn't sitting right, but it was enough to get a feel for the shape and where it needed work. It is also lopsided. Not sure how that happened as the pieces matched exactly but I clearly stitched it oddly. 

It needed to be longer over the hip, it was too loose overall and I had managed to add the extra space in the top evenly all round - so it gaped at the back and was too tight at the front. I also want to bring the top of the front and back up a bit so there is more shaping under the arm. 

We're moving onto mockup 2 now the pattern has been adjusted and the calico I am planning to use for the final item as well as some 5mm jute cord is on its way.

No comments:

Post a Comment