Monday 9 November 2020

Interruption - Work Skirt

I took a break from my corset yesterday morning to make a new work skirt. Mostly because I reached the point where the lack of pockets in my current one is driving me completely more. 


The pattern I made myself is very loosly:


So, I folded the fabric to get a perfect square on two layers at the right width for the length of the skirt I wanted, then used a large jury rigged compass using a pencil, a pin and some wire. 


The waistband started out purely straight and will be darted as required to fit my high waist. I cut it all out of black cotton, and used hessian as interfacing on the waistband. I've basted the interfacing in and built the skirt intially with holes for where the pockets will go in the side seams. Now I need to work out how I'm going to close the waistband at the back and whether I need to cut into the back of the skirt to get it on comfortably. 



No comments:

Post a Comment